PATIENT INSTRUCTIONS PREPARATION
• Diet: Eat and drink as normal.
• Clothing: Wear two-piece, comfortable clothing.
• Medication: Take your medication as prescribed.
BRIEF EXPLANATION OF SEQUENCE OF TEST
• You will need to undress from the waist up; women will be given a gown to wear.
• Electrodes will be placed on your chest to monitor your heart rate.
• You will be asked to lay down on a bed on your left side.
• A transducer with gel will be moved over your chest to acquire ultrasound images of your heart.
• The test will take approximately 30 minutes to one hour. You will be allowed to leave after the test. Your cardiologist will discuss the result with you on the day of your next appointment.
(Reference : https://www.heartplace.com/services/general-preventative-cardiology/transthoracic-chocardiography/ )